Welcome Forums Newcomer Help & Advice 70/144 MRQ 525 Antenna question

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      M7FYY
      Participant

Good evening everyone. Newbie to ham having just passed my foundation a few weeks ago. I purchased a new setup and part of that included a moon raker MRQ 525 dual band antenna. For the last week I have been pulling my hair out trying to resolve…when on 2 metres I am opening up local repeaters and getting 59 signal reports. On 70cm I can only receive clearly – transmit is fades in and out. I received my first SWR meter and it’s puzzling… I have SWR of 1.2 on 2 mtr but SWR of 3.15 on 70cm! Does this antenna have a specific tuning screw for each band? Grateful for any advice? Thanks M7FYY.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by M7FYY.
        M0PWX
        Participant

i assume there are 3 screws you can use to adjust things?,

1 at the base of the lower element
          1 at the top of the lower element
          1 at the bottom of the top element

looking at the construction i would mark the current positions of the top and bottom elements so you can reset to factory

i would try adjusting the lower element and see the effect on 70cm SWR, then try adjusting the top element to tune the 2m band, then recheck 70cm, you may need to do this several times to get acceptable SWR on both bands as the two sections will interact

if all else fails reach out to moonraker support they are good looking at feedback

Peter M0PWX
          (not Pete M0PSX who runs this site)

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.