Welcome Forums New Here? Introduce Yourself! Hello all hope you are looking bright!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Julian
      Participant

Hello everyone, in short I am glad that soon I will be back again after 40 years off! I have relocated and I am in the process of setting up station again.
        I will have to ask many questions and look forward in your help & reminders as I feel I will be in need of it!
        At the moment I am making a list and deciding on the equipment that I will need as I have nothing of my old setup left all was sold in bulk to ML&S …a dear young!! friend of mine, last I had was a Yaesu FT1000MP.
        73s for now
        Ciao ciao
        G7NED

M0PWX
        Participant

Welcome Back to the hobby a lot has changed in the last 40 years

all sorts of digital modes (FT8/4,WSPR, QRSS, JS8 Call to name a few) the old RTTY and PSK31 are still around as is the original digital mode “CW”

lots of new ideas around antenna designs as well

and don’t forget we now bounce signals off satellites like the ISS with a ÂŁ30 baofeng and a handheld antenna 🙂

and lots of online stuff like QRZ.com, eQSL so you don’t need paper logs now as so many online / computer based logging options

so ask away any questions you have

might be worth doing the EssexHam foundation course as a refresher and catch up on changes since you were last active on the air

Peter
          M0PWX
          (not Pete M0PSX who runs this site)

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.