Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      aa.andreyev@gmail.com
      Participant

Hello.
        I need sоme advice.
        When working in FT 8 on Tranceiver
        Yaesu FT 710 at the moment of transmission the frequency changes to 500 Hz. What is the reason and how to sort it out it?
        Thank you.
        Kind Regards.
        Alex. 73! M0LUX

M0PWX
        Participant

Hi Alex

when yo say “at the moment of transmission the frequency changes to 500 Hz” is that 500hz on the WSJT-x waterfall or somewhere else?

above the waterfall you have two markers a RED upside down bracket (this is your TX frequency on the waterfall) and a GREEN right way up bracket (this is your RX frequency on the water fall

you can set your TX frequency by using “Shift + Left mouse click” and your red bracket will move to your mouse frequency,

or if you right click on a frequency you can select “set RX & TX offset” and this will set both rx & tx to same frequency

there is also a “Hold TX Frequency” checkbox which when checked will prevent your TX frequency moving when you double click a callsign in the list of recieved signal and only you RX frequency will move to the signal you want to contact, leaving your TX frequency in (hopefully) a clear slot in the waterfall

as a side note, when bands a busy try FT4, its quicker QSO time, as 7.5 second cycle instead of 15 seconds of FT8, and less popular so you can get some great DX contacts as less QRM

hope this helps

Peter
          M0PWX
          (Not Pete M0PSX who runs this site)

aa.andreyev@gmail.com
          Participant

Hello, Peter.
            Thank you very much for your explanations, but I forgot to say that I had this problem during QSO in the fox and hound mode. Usually Dxpeditions stations operate on non-standard frequencies. For example, If a DX station operates on a frequency of 14.095 000. I set this frequency in the transceiver, this frequency appears in the WSJT-X window and glows red. But when I call this station, both in the transceiver and WSJT-X my call occurs 500 Hz lower, that is, on the frequency 14.085 500. When I working on standard frequencies, I have no eny problems.
            Thank You.
            Regards. 73!
            Alex, M0LUX

M0PWX
            Participant

i don’t use F&H mode but i found a clear step by step guide https://www.dxmaps.com/FT8_DXP.html

hopefully it will show something simple to fix in your config

i must admit i don’t like the DXPeditions on 14.095 as they cause extreme QRM on the established QRSS and WSPR frequencies on dial 14.0956 (the appear as signals in the offset 1700-2000 (QRSS) and 2000-2200 (WSPR) in the WSJT-x waterfall for 14.095 dial) we are currently being wiped out twice a day due to this DXPedition when at greyline times

with both QRSS and WSPR we only TX less than 1w (and often even a few 100’s or even 10’s of milliwatts), so our receivers get badly desensitised by the power and strength of the DXPedition signals, our frequencies are baked into WSJT-x and published worldwide so i fail to see why the DXPeditions and various still use 14.095 and several other WSPR frequencies on other bands

Peter
              M0PWX
              (Not Pete M0PSX who runs this site)

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.