Welcome Forums Ham Radio Chat QRZ?

• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 10 months ago by M7IWW.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      MZeroXMZ
      Participant

Is QRZ.com the main place to register your callsign worldwide? It almost feels like this should have been part of the training, certainly I felt I missed this initially and when I eventually (very recently) joined a club a kind soul talked me through all the sites to register on, read and understand.

Pete M0PSX
        Keymaster

Good suggestion – I’ve created a page listing the top few sites that we feel every newcomer needs to take a look at: http://www.hamhub.uk/content/websites-to-try/

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Pete M0PSX.
          Dan Simpson
          Participant

I use qrz for my log, I really think it’s an easy system to use. However, the conversion rate of qso’s to “confirmed” seems to be about 25%, which is a pity
            ATB
            Dan
            M7JJO

MZeroXMZ
            Participant

I suppose logs/confirmations only work if both parties use the same system? What are the others and is it worth exporting to others to increase this conversion? LOTW?

Dan Simpson
                Participant

To be honest, someone else confirming isnt high on my list, if they do, fine, if not, well, not a problem. My main interest in QRZ is simple log book keeping, and of course it does help identify where people are. If I end up registering with other sites, then am spending time uploading, transfering, etc, when the main thing is onair making the contact. I can see it will be important for those that are in contests, and want official awards etc, so in their case it will be necessary to spend more time verifying QSOs.

ATB
                  Dan

M7IWW
                Participant

Hi-I agree getting confirmations on QRZ does seem surprisingly hard particularly when you lookup your contacts and see that they are quite active within QRZ.

Rgds
                  Ian

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.